EASY SIGN UP FOR DEEP GREEN
Renewable Energy / Deep Green / Help Save our Planet
Here’s a small way you can help save our planet by upgrading you electrical energy service to MCE 100% Deep Green Energy where the amount of energy you use will be generated from 50% Wind and 50% Solar (all renewable sources).
All you need to do is either call 1(888)632-3674 or :
1. Go to mceoptup.org
2. Fill in the name of the person whom your electric bill is addressed, email, address and phone number. 3. Tap the authorization box.
3. Hit submit. Type your paragraph here.
Wednesday, March 25, 2020
Donner Room , Event Center, Rossmoor
9:30 am Coffee and chat
10:00am What's happening in the Contra Costa Section?
Co-author Frederic Tuback
Frederic C. Tubach, professor Emeritus, UC Berkeley will speak on the book “An Uncommon Friendship” that he co-authored with Bernat Rosner and Sally Patterson Tubach. The book is a double memoir of a German youth born in the United States and a Hungarian Jewish youth he befriended in later life. This book is unique and beautiful.
Professor Tubach, at the age of 18, renounced his German citizenship and returned to San Francisco where he went to San Francisco City College and the University of California where he received his PhD in German Literature in 1957. He taught at Berkeley from 1959 to 1994. He also directed the UC Education Abroad Programs in both Germany and France. He has written numerous articles and books. He received an honorary degree from the University of Bordeaux in 2002.
In 1944, Bernat Rosner, at the age of 12, he was loaded onto a train and taken to Auschwitz where his whole family was murdered. Bernie tells Frederic his journey into hell over many sessions. Professor Tubach becomes the narrator of their double memoir. They have become very good friends.
The meeting is free and open to all Rossmoor residents. For further information, please contact Rose Jackson, President, at 925-279-0735.
Regular Scheduled Monthly meetings
*Board meets on the 2nd Tuesday of each month 10:00am in Bunker Room, Creekside
*Hand and Foot (Game) meets the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 10:00am Multi-Purpose Room 3
*MahJong meets every Friday from 1:00pm to 4:00pm in Multi-Purpose Room 1
* Regular Monthly Meeting for all Members is held on the 4th Wednesday of each month from 9:30am to 12 noon at the Donner Room in the Event Center. The meeting includes:
o 9:30am to 10:00am Nosh and Socialize
o 10:00am to 10:30am Regular Business Meeting
o 10:30am to …… Program
* No General Meetings in July and August
* Book Club – “Wine, Women and Words” meet the last Monday of each month from 3:00pm to 5:00pm Bunker Room, Creekside.
* Discussion Groups meet different times each month contact Discussion coordinator for dates.
A Faith in the Future A Belief in Action.